|Address:||1259 Courthouse RoadSuites 105 & 205Stafford, VA 22554|
Nicole O’Neal is a New England native, but after enlisting in the United States Navy in 2008, she was stationed in Gulfport, Mississippi and transferred to Hampton Roads, Virginia. Nicole completed two combat tours to Afghanistan, as well as an additional deployment to Japan focusing on humanitarian relief after the tsunami in 2011. She became interested in family law when she was promoted to a non-commissioned officer and her junior troops began approaching her with their family problems such as divorce, child custody and visitation, and the division of marital property (including military retired pay) upon divorce. She familiarized herself with Virginia family law, as well as the federal laws governing military divorce cases. She found the material challenging yet rewarding—which led her to pursue a career as a family law attorney. After eight years of active duty service, she attended the University of Richmond School of Law, where she received her Juris Doctor, graduating with the Family Law Certificate “with Distinction.” Nicole’s practice is focused solely on domestic relations: she is experienced in handling every type of family law matter in Virginia, including separation, divorce, custody, and support cases. Nicole is known for her commitment to her clients, and is an aggressive and zealous advocate for their interests both inside and outside the courtroom. She represents clients in Fredericksburg, Spotsylvania, Stafford and surrounding areas.
Honors & Awards
- Top 10 Family Law Attorneys Under 40 in Virginia, National Academy of Family Law Attorneys, 2020
- Clients’ Choice Award, Avvo, 2020
- Navy and Marine Corps Achievement Medal (Gold Star in Lieu of Third Award), 2015
- Navy and Marine Corps Achievement Medal (Gold Star in Lieu of Second Award), 2013
- Army Commendation Medal, 2013
- Navy and Marine Corps Achievement Medal, 2010
- Virginia State Bar (Family Law Section), Member, 2019–Present
- Virginia Bar Association (Family Law Section), Member, 2019–Present
- Virginia Women Attorneys Association, Member, 2019–Present
- Virginia Trial Lawyers Association (Family Law Section), Member, 2019–Present
- Rinehart, Butler, Hodge, Moss & Bryant, P.L.C., Associate Attorney, 2020–Present
- Livesay & Myers, P.C., Associate Attorney, 2019–2020
- McGuireWoods, Richmond, Virginia, Project Associate, 2016–2018
- Alex and Ani, Cranston, Rhode Island, Legal Intern, 2017
- Boleman Law Firm, Richmond, Virginia, Legal Intern, 2016
- Rhode Island Supreme Court, Providence, Rhode Island, Law Clerk Intern, 2016
- United States Navy, Weapons Maintenance Supervisor (2010–2015), Weapons Maintenance Technician (2008–2010)
- Virginia, 2019
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Fourth Circuit, 2019
- University of Richmond School of Law, J.D., 2018, graduated with the Family Law Certificate “with Distinction.” Honors and Activities: Carrico Center Pro Bono Certificate; Richmond Journal of Global Law and Business; Moot Court; Veterans and Military Law Association.
- Old Dominion University, B.S. in Criminal Justice and Sociology (double major), cum laude, 2015 (completed all undergraduate coursework while on active duty).